THREE (3) WAYS TO USE YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
- When sniffing, it takes 22 seconds for an oil to reach the brain. Yes, I sniff my oils - don’t look at me like that;)
- The only way to reach limbic area of the brain is through smell, making oils helpful for people wanting emotional support.
- Diffusing purifies the air and makes your home smell like anything you want it to without chemicals & toxins
- Rub a couple of drops between your hands and cup around your nose. You can also diffuse the oils and enjoy them for a longer period of time. Diffusing oils gets them in to the air to breathe using a cool vapor.
- Essential oil molecules are tiny and are rapidly absorbed by the skin.
- No, you will not feel slippery or slimy when you apply an oil to the skin, it almost seems to disappear into the body.
- When applied topically, it takes 2-3 minutes for an oil to reach the bloodstream and 20 minutes to affect every cell in the body. Oils are metabolized within 2½ hours so if you are working on a specific condition you will want to reapply every 2 ½ hours.
Some favorite places to apply oils are wrists, behind the ears, neck, temples, stomach, or the bottoms of the feet.
Because of their molecular structure, essential oils are rapidly absorbed by the skin. It takes seconds to get in to the blood stream. For children you will want to dilute with a carrier oil (Fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond, and jojoba are some examples.) And you may choose to apply neat (without a carrier) on yourself, but if you are massaging or covering a larger area, dilute! You can even make a roller bottle of your own favorite blend for on the go support.
- Put in water/drinks, cooking/baking, in capsules, etc.
- Use glass or stainless steel when drinking essential oils in water. Oils can break down plastic.
Which method of use appeals to you most?
Young Living has a specific set of vitality oils for ingestion. You can use them to add flavor to foods or use as a dietary supplement. You can choose different ways to use internally: add to a glass water bottle to drink, in cooking, or place desired oils in to a gel capsule and swallow.